Welcome, Guest. Please Login
VisualWEAVE
  News:
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Instructions for Windows 7 & Vista (Read 9734 times)
DaveB
YaBB Administrator

I'd rather be
fishing...

Brisbane, Australia
Instructions for Windows 7 & Vista
Dec 14th, 2009, 9:06pm

Here are the instructions for tweaking VisualWRAP to run under Vista or Win7. You will need to be fairly confident at following instructions and making some changes to your PC for this to be successful.  If you require assistance you may contact me, however if I need to set up a remote assistance session I will be required to charge.

Overview:
  • Replace the VisualWrap.exe file and associated ini file with newer versions
  • Set correct permissions
  • Replace the ini file
  • Unregister any required files
  • Fix any shortcuts

Details

Replace VisualWrap.exe
1. Locate VisualWrap.exe on your hard drive.  It is typically in C:\Program Files\VisualWRAP, however I have seen it in different locations on various Vista installs.  You may have to do a search to find it.
2. Rename VisualWrap.exe to VisualWrap_ori.exe
3. Download the following file and save it in the same location as the file you just renamed:
Replacement exe file
4. Right-click on the file you just downloaded and click Properties.
5. Go to the Compatibility Mode tab.  Select the "Windows XP SP3" mode (or anything similar - even down to Windows 2000 will work OK).
6. Under Privilege Level, check the box next to "Run this program as an administrator".

Replace VisualWrap.ini
7. Locate VisualWrap.ini on your hard drive.  It is in the Ini folder beneath the VisualWRAP folder.  You may have to do a search to find it.
8. Rename VisualWrap.ini to VisualWrap_ori.ini
9. Download the following file and save it in the same location as the file you just renamed:
Replacement ini file

10. Go back to the folder containing VisualWrap.exe.  Run the file by double-clicking on it or right-clicking and selecting "open".
11. VisualWRAP should run.

..Instructions continue in the following message

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2010, 7:28pm by DaveB »  

Dave Boyle
http://www.threadcentral.net
>'(((---<
WWW   IP Logged
DaveB
YaBB Administrator

I'd rather be
fishing...

Brisbane, Australia
Re: Instructions for Windows 7 & Vista
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2009, 9:53pm

Unregister any required files
You can start to use VisualWRAP.  If you encounter "Runtime Error 339" then you will have to unregister the ocx file in question.

The various files for which you may get this error message include:
  • msflxgrd.ocx (when you double-click the More Colours... menu button)
  • mscomct2.ocx (when you click on the Builder button)
  • tabctl32.ocx (when you click the Preferences menu item)
  • comdlg32.ocx

The remedy is to go to the Start menu, type CMD in the search area, right-click on the cmd item under the Programs heading, and choose to "run as administrator".  CMD.exe should appear in a window.  

At the prompt type the following:

Quote:
regsvr32 /u filename
where filename is replaced with the name of the file for which an error is reported.
For example, if you see the error "Run-time error '339': Component 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" then you would go to the prompt window and type:

Quote:
regsvr32 /u mscomct2.ocx
then press Enter.  If successful you should receive the message "DllUnregisterServer in mscomct2.ocx succeeded"

Repeat for each 339 error encountered.

Please note - sometimes the prompt in the Command window is in a location that cannot see the OCX files, and running the regsvr32 command fails.  In this case you need to locate the OCX files (eg do a search in Windows Explorer to find the folder they live in), and then use the CD command to change folders until the prompt is located within that folder.  eg if the location folder is Windows\Syswow64 then type

Code:
CD c:\windows\syswow64 

then try running the regsvr command again.

Fix any shortcuts
Check that the shortcut in the Windows Start menu works OK.  If not, right-click on VisualWrap.exe and drag a shortcut onto the Start menu.

Regards
Dave Boyle

« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011, 7:07pm by DaveB »  

Dave Boyle
>'(((---<
WWW   IP Logged
DaveB
YaBB Administrator

I'd rather be
fishing...

Brisbane, Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2009, 7:20am

...And if you run Windows XP Mode on your Windows 7 system you can install vizwrap normally, no need to do the tweaks suggested here.

Regards
Dave Boyle

Dave Boyle
>'(((---<
WWW   IP Logged
Rob A
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2009, 2:40am

Worked like a champ on a vista laptop...so far, so good! Grin

Rob

Rob
Davie, Fl
  IP Logged
TowneCafeSal
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2011, 1:07pm

Dave,

I made the updates as mentioned above but when opening Visual Wrap I get the below message.

Run Time Error 713

Class not registered
You need the following file to be installed on your machine
MSSTDFMT.DLL

Any ideas?

Thanks

IP Logged
DaveB
YaBB Administrator

I'd rather be
fishing...

Brisbane, Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2011, 2:56pm

A couple of things:

Regsvr32 must be run as administrator.

When you run regsvr32 it must be in the same folder as the file you want to register (or unregister).  So I would normally run CMD, then navigate to the appropriate file location using CD to change directory. These are DOS commands.

CD..    takes you up one folder.

CD    "foldername" takes you to the folder.

I normally do a search in Windows Explorer to find the file of interest, then run CMD and then navigate to that folder. When you are in the folder I would type "DIR filename" and confirm that it finds the file.

I fixed a similar issue recently. After locating the folder in which MSSTDFMT.DLL lives I ran the CMD prompt (as administrator) then navigated there, then typed:

regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll

and got a message saying the file was unregistered.

I then typed:

regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll

and got a message saying the file was now registered. That fixed the msstdfmt.dll error message.

regards
Dave

Dave Boyle
>'(((---<
WWW   IP Logged
TowneCafeSal
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2011, 9:23am

Thank you, that worked!

IP Logged